As the Tax Supervisor, you will oversee and manage the entire spectrum of tax engagements, including planning, budgeting, reviewing and evaluating internal control processes, and ensuring compliance with due dates and time budgets. Your role will involve making informed decisions that align with firm and client expectations. Additionally, you will provide guidance, training, and supervision to senior and staff accountants assigned to engagements while keeping higher-level personnel well-informed about the status of ongoing engagements. Your positive attitude and enthusiastic approach will directly impact fostering high morale within the firm.
- Take full responsibility for tax engagements, demonstrating independence and accountability.
- Develop and execute comprehensive plans and budgets for tax engagements.
- Review and evaluate internal control processes for tax engagements, ensuring compliance and identifying areas for improvement.
- Maintain strict adherence to due dates and time budgets for tax engagements, coordinating efforts to meet deadlines.
- Make informed decisions that align with firm and client expectations, considering all relevant factors.
- Provide training and supervision to senior and staff accountants involved in tax engagements, fostering their professional development.
- Keep higher-level personnel informed about the progress and status of tax engagements, ensuring effective communication channels.
- Project a positive attitude and enthusiasm, creating a supportive and motivating work environment.
- Take responsibility for enhancing skills and knowledge, exhibiting strong organizational and communication skills, and paying attention to detail.
- Present a professional image through dress and appearance while demonstrating respect, trust, and understanding towards team members.
- Understand and uphold the firm's philosophy, adhering to and respecting its standards, policies, practices, and procedures.
- Show initiative in pursuing self-development opportunities such as Continuing Professional Education (CPE), technical reading on accounting and tax topics, and pursuing advanced degrees or certifications.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field.
- CPA or equivalent certification.
- Strong understanding of tax laws and regulations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Demonstrated respect, trust, and understanding in working with colleagues.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals.
- Chance to contribute to the success and well-being of clients.
- Potential for personal growth and career development.