The Audit Supervisor is responsible for supervising and managing all aspects of audit, review, compilation, and tax engagements, including planning, budgeting, staffing, reviewing and evaluating work, and ensuring that all work is completed in accordance with firm policies and standards. The Audit Supervisor also maintains solid client relationships, effectively supervises staff, and demonstrates a strong commitment to the firm.
- Assumes full responsibility for audit, review, compilation, and tax engagements with minimum supervision.
- Plans and budgets audit engagements.
- Reviews and evaluates internal control for audit engagements.
- Ensures adherence to due dates and time budgets for audit engagements.
- Makes decisions while meeting firm and client expectations for audit engagements.
- Trains and supervises senior and staff accountants assigned to audit engagements.
- Keep higher-level personnel informed about the status of audit engagements.
- Projects a positive attitude and enthusiasm, which positively affects the firm morale.
- Assumes responsibility for increasing skills, demonstrating strong organization and communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Projects a professional image in dress and appearance and is respectful, trusting, and understanding of other team members.
- Understands the firm's philosophy and is conversant on, follows, and respects the firm's standards, policies, practices, and procedures.
- Shows initiative for self-development opportunities - CPE, technical reading (accounting and tax), advanced degrees, or certifications.
- CPA or equivalent certification.
- Strong understanding of auditing standards and regulations.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Professional demeanor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals.
- Chance to contribute to the success and well-being of clients.
- Potential for personal growth and career development.